Connection Path Guide
The Connection Path Guide
By Jessica and Jeremy Martin-Weber
A Guide through conflict that emphasizes equity, empathy, and collaborative problem-solving, one stepping Stone at a time.
The Connection Path itself is a step by step approach for two people to work through conflict to determine cooperative solutions and reach resolution – to end their conflict with stronger connection. This E-booklet is your guide to understanding and walking the Connection Path.
With this guide, equip yourself, your children, your classroom, or group with the tools and skills necessary to effectively navigate conflict leading to collaborative resolution and connection. Change how you and your group think of conflict and develop the skills needed for productive, effective, strengthening conflict management with The Connection Path Guide E-booklet.
The Connection Path Guide E-booklet is a digital, printable manual for the conflict management and skill building tool, the Connection Path. Coaching parents, teachers, partners, children, siblings, classmates, and other relationships, The Connection Path Guide goes through the process of working through conflict in healthy ways where everyone is heard and solutions and repair are reached together. With customizable plans for introducing the tool to your family or group, adaptations for different ages and stages or development or skill levels, guidance for effective implementation, and detailed descriptions and sample scripts of the process, the Connection Path Guide sets everyone up for success in using the Connection Path to navigate conflict well.
For ages 4+ (some 3 year olds may be ready for it as well), using the Connection Path improves how we respond to conflict so that a deeper connection may be experienced all while providing safe, supported opportunities for conflict management skill building. Participants are guided through the approach and agreements to facilitate healthy communication, turning conflict from a divisive experience into a connecting process.
The path itself consists of four steps of moderated conversation that lead to:
- A settling of the conflict (solution)
- Agreements on making amends (repair)
- A strategy on how to handle similar situations in the future to prevent repeat conflicts (resolution)
- A restoration of the relationship (connection)
The digital guide includes:
- A list of the benefits, values, and skills that come from developing conflict management tools
- Printable interactive conflict resolution steps
- Instructions on how to use the guide
- Sample scripts
- Details for each step of the Connection Path conflict management and skill building tool
- Directions for introducing the Connection Path to your family, classroom, or group
- Best practices
- Guidance for creating cooperative agreements
- Suggested measures for predetermining boundaries
- Identification of reasonable expectations
- Troubleshooting tips
- A Connection Path Readiness Checklist
Leave a Reply